Monday, September 1, 2008

Orientation

Tomorrow begins the new college adventure. Orientation begins at 7:30 am and then at 9:00 am a shortened class schedule. Then on Wednesday a full class schedule. For the first 8 weeks I will have 5 one hour classes. Introduction to Macintosh, Drawing, Typography I, Composition I and Keyboarding I. There are a few general educatioin classes I noticed but nothing close to the other colleges in my area. Melvin asked if I was nervous and my answer was no. He said he would be but right now I am not. Then again I have always loved school so maybe that is why I'm not.

I did manage to get all of my clothes on clearance last week. I also got all my paper and pens on sale. There is a dress code and jeans are not allowed along with tennis shoes or T-Shirts. We need to dress as a professional would dress on the job. Miranda helped me shop for my tops and with the clearance prices most of them were only a little over $2.00 and all my dress slacks were under $6.00 a pair and most were only $3.00.

I spent Friday and Saturday with my sister in Ohio. We helped move her youngest into an appartment. Good thing I have a truck. I had a really good time though and their house is really cute. It looks like everyone needs rain though. It's dry everywhere. It usually rains if I wash my truck so I suppose I better get to washing it...LOL Well, I am off here. I will post something tomorrow to let you all know how school went.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

How fun getting new school clothes! Can't wait to hear how your first week of school goes.