Thursday, September 18, 2008

What a project. . .

Today brought on an interesting challenge in drawing. I'll let you all tell me what you think. We used the Mac to take a picture of ourselves. Once that was done we took it into Illustrator and used Live Trace on it. This is the result of that effect.


Once we had that we worked on our Typography projects on the Mac. In drawing class, we had to take the picture we printed out, put it upside down on our desk, raise the desktop (it's like a drafting table), and then draw it. Well I did most of my outlining in class so I could work on it here at home. After about 2 1/2 hours tonight it is almost finished. Just a little more blending and I think it will be fine. Here is my result.

The next image is the one I posted yesterday. I worked on it during lunch, in my truck...LOL It needed a little more fine tuning.
Tomorrow we are having a test in Typography class. What a way to start the day, with a test. I better get to finishing that first chapter for the third time I suppose.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

You have a natural talent Peggy! Good luck on the test tomorrow, I'm sure you'll pass with flying colors!