Friday, September 12, 2008

I Bet You Are Wondering. . .

About my schooling. Things are a little bit better. I am doing ok in Keyboarding though I need some more practice...LOL Intro to Mac has been going pretty good though it's still a bit slow for me. I am sure that will change soon enough though. I thought I would post a couple of my finished projects for all of you to see.



This first project is from my Typography class. We were all given a letter of the alphabet and told to draw 20 2" x 2" squares, 1/2" apart and 3/4" from all outside edges of the page. In these we were to see the letter as something else. The letter I ended up with was the letter "V". The first image is my draft and the second image is my final result that I turned in for a grade. In Typography, our projects are 70% of our grade.
The next two images are from my Intro to Mac class. The first one is of some Lego blocks. I had to create a block in Adobe Illustrator and then we were to build something with it. The second image we did in class today. It was basically a review of what we learned when building the Lego blocks. We were supposed to create a tin man in Illustrator. I opted for a Tin Dog instead of the tin man.
I will post more as I finish them and as they assign more for us to do. I am currently working on my initials for Drawing class along with a sock monkey sketch. Once I have finished these I will post them as well. I also have another Typography assignment that I am almost finished with that I will post as well.


This last image is just something I was playing around with one day last week. I used an image of Chief for this project. I cut him out of a photo and then filled him with a solid color. Once I did that I added text on a new layer. Once I had all the text where I wanted it I removed any that was outside of his shape. Lastly I removed his shape and added a background and a title. My Typography teacher thinks it would be a great poster.  :)

2 comments:

*Desi* said...

awsome job Peggy!! You are doing so well!! Keep up the good work and keep us updated on all your fabulous creations!!

Suzanne said...

It looks like you are in your element and having a great time!