Thursday, August 28, 2008

! ! ! I Will Be School Bound ! ! !

Today I visited IBC (International Business College) and decided that it was the place for me to attend to get an Associate's Degree. This is a full time College therefore I will be a full time student again after many, many years. The plus of this College is that they give me the courses that I need and not the general education that I don't need. Therefore I can focus on my goal of Graphic Designer. Once I receive my Associate's they will help place me in a job and if ever needed down the road they will continue to help me if I need it.


Next Tuesday is orientation and a shortened class schedule. Then on Wednesday, I will begin as a full time student going 5 hours a day 5 days a week. After 16 months, however, I should have my Associate's Degree and opportunities in my new career as a Graphic Designer. We will be working on Mac's and not PC's so there is a class just for learning the Mac. Everything this College uses is up to date with the industry and it will help me one I am finished. Since it is a Business College it focuses on getting people into jobs which is what was one important factor for me.


Who would have ever thought that after 44 years I would be going back to school ? ? I know that I wouldn't have thought about it but here I go. I was asked today if I would feel intimidated by the young college students. Personally I don't think I will be. I am going for a specific reason, to do something different and to open up some doors that are currently closed. If they aren't ready for me then that is their loss as I intend to be there and get my Associate's Degree. Wish me luck ladies, I'll do my best to keep you all updated though.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Well if you're doing graphic design there is no machine other than a MAC! You will LOVE your new career choice and you will SO GREAT at it. Congratulations!