Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Surgery Update . . .

Thanks so much for thinking of me everyone. I just actually thought I would try to get under my desk. I can see this will be a short lived experience until I can lose this leg brace. Doesn't feel real good but thought an update was needed.

Surgery went well and wasn't as long as expected which is good. He did the reconstruction of my ACL and the cartilage turned out to be in good shape so there was no need to repair it. I did however have a chipped bone which he fixed and smoothed out. The doctor took pictures and showed them to my DH while I was in recovery. I do have a few questions about the photos so they will be venturing to the doctor with me. The after surgery care instructions are a bit muttled but I intend to clear that up as well when I see the doctor on the 1st. I start physical therapy on Wednesday though I have to remain in this brace until my appointment with the doctor. I think a bunch of the pain comes from the leg being held straight with no bending.

The pain has been horrendous but manageable. The entire leg has been in pain since the surgery but it is getting better. Missing a pain medication dose on accident, I found, was a very bad idea. The incisions do look good though and that is a good sign. Though they really aren't incisions but I have been glued back together. Wonder if he scraps ??? There is still some swelling but no infection that I can see. I have some numbness around and below the knee but I am hoping that will go away soon. I just started using my cane today and put the crutches off to the side for the final time I hope. Not sure I am ready for therapy as I have heard some bad things about it. I did tell my DH I was not afraid to smack a man if needed. That meaning I refuse to let them put me in too much pain as I have had enough of that for a while.

That is about all I can stand for now. Not sure when I will be back on to post but I will be back when I can stand it under my desk.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

You'll be so glad when the recovery time is over...glad things went well. (((HUGS)))

~Christina~ said...

Glad to hear everything went ok. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for ya.