Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Surgery Date...Guess I forgot that last night

Well, they have me scheduled for the 18th in the early morning. I will need to arrive 1 1/2 hours before the scheduled time though. I am so ready to start getting better, so tired of all the pain. The surgery should take roughly 2 hours then 1 hour in recovery and then another hour in a room. They want to make sure I am ok before allowing me to go home. I will be taking my crutches and some shorts along. The doctor said I will be wearing a brace when I leave so I need something that can go over that.

I went for all of the pre-op stuff today. Blood work, urine tests and X-rays. They want to make sure I am good to go before hand. That is a good thing for sure. I am not supposed to shave 2 days before surgery either because they don't want any open wounds at all. An open wound would cancel out the surgery so we don't want that because I want to get better and right now I think I am just living with the pain and not really healing.

I took the brace I have been wearing off for some breathing time tonight. I just started wearing it since it popped for the third time last week. Well, now my leg is killing me again and I know it's because it doesn't have that support of the brace. I also noticed that since the swelling has gone down, the pain is more intense than it had been. Probably because I can actually feel the tears.

I thought I would start doing an altered book today. I found a couple of those children's cardboard books on clearance at the dollar store today. I think they will be perfect for what I want to do. It's going to basically be just an art inspiration book. Is that it or would it just be a book of my creativity. At any rate you will be able to see them at Scrapbooking Among Friends as I will be posting them there when I am finished. I do have the books posted there now as the before pictures. I will be working on them tomorrow since I don't have any appointments I need to go to for a change.

No comments: