Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Here's To Some Healing Finally...

Finally some really nice weather for a change. The sun was shining all day and the humidity was gone for a change. It was so nice to be able to go outside and be able to breath at the same time.

There have been a few things going on since I last posted so maybe I should update everyone. I know I have been slacking but I have also been sick and still hobbling around the house. I did finally manage another layout.


Lenzus Photo Sharing


CJ should be coming home on June 29th for a short leave until July 19th. I am so excited and it will be so good to see him again. Too bad it won't be home for good but I will take what I can get. He said he wasn't going to tell me because he wanted to surprise me but he said he was so excited he had to tell me...LOL

I went for my MRI on the 5th. That is truly an adventure for someone who has never had one before. It would be wise to try and get it scheduled for when you "AREN'T" sick though. I did manage to only have her pause it one time because of my coughing fit. So glad I took some cold medicine before I left for my appointment. It took about 50 minutes to scan my knee but she did give me some music to listen to during the process.

Today I had a doctor's appointment to go over my MRI's. We had all figured that surgery would indeed be needed. Well, we were right according to the MRI's. The cartilage is indeed torn around my knee. There was another tear that wasn't expected though. Looks like my ACL is also in need of some repair. This took a 3 week recovery to 6 weeks. The way I look at it though, as long as this will make it better that is all that matters. I am so ready to try and get back to normal.

I truly LOVE my Dear Husband and everything he has and is doing for me. There is a part of me that is ready to be able to do things other than sit on the sofa or for my limited times on the computer. WOW...I am so very lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life. It's moments like this that make me realize just how lucky I truly am.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I'm sorry that you need surgery Peggy but glad they can fix it. So when is the surgery? I'm doing a Happy Dance that your DS gets to come home for a visit!!!! And yes you are lucky to have a wonderful husband. ;)