Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Boy Is Finally Home . . . .



CJ arrived home today around 4:30 pm. I was so very happy to see him again. To see he was ok in person and to hug him again. Of course pictures are always on the agenda here at my house and within minutes the camera was doing it's job again. He really looks good too and doesn't seem any worse for wear right now. His girlfriend Erica brought him from the airport since I had doctor appointments and therapy today.



Doesn't he look great here ? I think so :) It will sure be nice to have him home for a while. They went out for dinner and he said he will be back over tomorrow and sleep on the sofa if I didn't mind. How could I mind....I love it that he's home even if it is just for a little while.



On another note...though the first one was the best news of the day. I had therapy today and then the visit to the doctor. I am finally out of the straight leg brace I have been wearing for 2 weeks now. That makes me extremely happy because it had been causing me some terrible pain this week. The doctor said I didn't need a brace at all as long as my therapist thought it was a good idea. Well my therapist agreed with me today, hoping I could get out of that stupid brace. I did however decide I still needed some support because it just felt better when walking if I had some. So I am wearing a hinged knee brace right now. The doctor told me the other brace was basically because my leg muscle needed the help and not the knee since everything he did to the knee is good to go.



With my knee having limited mobility right now this brace seems to help me walk much better and steadier. I still don't have pain free or complete bendability yet and straightening it completely out is painful. It is however coming along much better than the first time I had therapy. Unfortunately my therapist did say we might need to get a bit more aggressive since the muscle just above the knee is sore and hard when I bend and causes some pain. I did come off the table, or as my therapist said "Did a wheely", with some of his help in the bending today. So for now it looks like at the least, 2 more weeks off of work and we will go from there.



Getting under the desk is a bit easier now but still painful so computer time looks to still be limited time. I will be so glad when the knee gets as back to normal again, or as close to normal as possibble. I will be looking at some arthritis later in life because of the damage he found on my bones that he smoothed out while in there. I suppose it is just something that is inevitable and he did say it would have been worse had he not smoothed it or found it so that seems to be a big plus.

6 comments:

*Desi* said...

So exciting your boy is home!!!! glad he made it safe and sound!

Also glad to hear you kneed is getting better, slowly but surely!!

Suzanne said...

YAY! So glad your son made it home safely and yes he looks good. Glad your knee is healing too. :)

~Christina~ said...

How exciting!!! I'm so glad he made it home! I can't wait to see what pages you put together with all the pictures. Also glad to hear the good news about your knee. :)

Eryn said...

Yay Peggy! I'm so happy that you're son is home and you're knee is starting to improve. It is really good to hear from you - you have been missed :)
Eryn

Anonymous said...

Hey Peggy,
I'm so happy for you, that your son is home , safe and sound :)

Take care of that knee...you'll be running marathons soon i'm sure

Hugs my friend

Anonymous said...

Hey Peggy ...stumbled into your blog..god I can be successfully incompetent.
I cannot express how glad I am that your son is home. I just don't know how in the world you will let him leave again. My son just went out west to visit friends and having him that far away without the added dangers of military life make me numb...you have my utter respect and admiration for your strength !!!!