Monday, July 14, 2008

Nice Sunny Skies

Today was extremely beautiful. It did manage to warm up a bit later in the afternoon but it wasn't terriblly bad. Therapy today instead of tomorrow and let me just say this..."OUCH!!" I think I mentioned that my therapist said I have some tendinitis below the knee. I researched it a bit tonight and..well...there are mixed "How to treat" exercise...no exercise...heat..ice...surgery..OMG though I did find where it said the quad being weak can cause this and this is part of my problem right now. A weak quad that only cooperates when it wants to. Well...that tendinitis pain is only part of it, and today he managed to bring out the pain. You see, I can't straighten out the knee all of the way and the tendinitis prevents a lot of the bending as well.


So today he gets next to me after I finished my leg lifts and presses DOWN on my knee. This hurt extremely bad and I know he was just trying to loosen up the muscles but "OUCH". I did remind him that my other leg didn't hurt, was free, and he had his head right over it...LOL He said just relax, well that was easy until he would press down and of course I would tense up because it hurt so badly. This was the first time since I started therapy that my leg continued to hurt hours afterwards. Actually, as I write this at 11:30 pm it is still hurting. I wonder how he will sleep tonight...probably better than I will. Enough for now as I need some rest.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Yes those therapists can be brutal! It's all for the better good, hang in there but do tell them how long it hurt for! Love your quip about the free leg. LOL