Saturday, July 19, 2008

Back To Iraq

My DS left for Iraq on Thursday. Sure wish it had been home for good but I was just glad to get what time I could while he was here. At least this time he left his car here with us. The other car wasn't as lucky as he left it with buddies and let's just say...they need oil in order to continue running :( I found a nice looking Jaguar for him while he was home and he went over and looked at it and ended up buying it. It's an awesome looking car too. A beautiful red with some sparkles in the paint. I canceled my therapy on Thursday so I could see him before he left.


I have also had to quit taking any pain pills. The percocet has caused me some issues that I need to relay to the doctor. Blood in my stool at least once a week if I take them. I have had some severe stomach pains for the past 3 days since my last dose. I wouldn't have taken that dose had the therapist not made my leg hurt so badly. So right now I am staying away from any pain medications until the DR can tell me what to do. As I write this, it is after 2 am and the pain is terrible. The blood in my stool only lasts for the first movement after taking the pain pills so I assume it is related. I am afraid to take anything for the pain though as I am afraid it will cause more trouble than good. Maybe I should call the hospital and they could suggest something for me. I have tried calling the doctor that prescribed them but I usually end up with the answering machine for the nurse. That really aggrivates me since I explain to the person I first talk to that I am having issues.


I suppose that is enough whining for now. I need to see if I can ease the pain without causing further problems. Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

~Christina~ said...

Awe Peggy...that sounds awful...all of it. Doesn't that suck when a medication that is suppose to make you feel better actually makes things worse? I know how that goes. Mine does the same. I hope you get to talk to the doc soon. Hang in there. (((HUGS)))

Suzanne said...

Oh my, I'm sorry Peggy you're having a rough to of it! More and more (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I hate to hear he had to go back, but totally understand. At least you got to enjoy him for a bit.

I am still praying for you and I hope they can give you something else for the pain. I know when my mom took the percocet, it reacted the same with her and also made her see things that wasn't there.

Just take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl...I hope you get things figured out ...and the pain goes away :( BIG HUGS

We need to chat soon!!! I miss ya