Monday, May 12, 2008

Finally No Rain...

I am so glad we didn't get any rain today. I personally have had enough to last me for a while. Hopefully tomorrow will bring some warmer temperatures though. It did manage to get into the 60's but with the wind it really wasn't warm enough for me.

Picked up some hay for the boys today after work. Thought I would take the big red truck but decided to take my ford instead. I managed to get 38 bales in the truck which is good. I could have gotten 45 if I wanted to strap it all down but that took too much time and I just wanted to finish and get home to get my shoes off. Looks like I will be loading the flatbed by myself next time. With my brother's help we only managed 28 bales on it, go figure, and could have easily gotten 50. I haven't been able to find any round bales for a couple of weeks so I have been feeding square bales. It's a lot more work on my part and days like today I would have prefered a round bale. It wouldn't have been too bad if my neck and shoulder weren't hurting so badly I suppose.

Thought I would share a couple shots of my boys with you tonight. It's not always easy to get good shots of them as they tend to be right in my face most of the time. So it's moments like these that are very few and far between. It's funny how they never seem to want to help unload the hay either. They will eat it right off the truck but want nothing to do with pulling it off the truck. Some days when the round bales are really heavy I wish they would help me but they just watch and move out of the way when it finally comes rolling off of the truck.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Awww you're a good mommy to your boys and how typical of them to want to eat but not help! They are pretty boys! Hope your neck and shoulder get better.

Twig's Corner said...

They are looking so good. Love your photos of the boys.

Anonymous said...

hey girlfriend~!~~ Beautiful boys

~Christina~ said...

They are beautiful!!!