Saturday, March 1, 2008

Finally The Weekend Is In Sight..


I am so glad that the weekend is near. It's been a long and tiring week for sure. One thing after another to make work hectic. Glad it is all behind me now.


We have had some nice snowfall this week. I don't mind it as long as it's just snow and not ice or wind. Makes for a long drive to work but I don't mind...really I don't.


We have had these little squirrels in our yard all winter. They would take turns getting food from our dog's bowl if there was any left to be had. They are so cute and there was two of them until today. My nephew is here for the weekend and he noticed a hawk outside the dog pen eating something. Sad to say it was one of those little squirrels. I got some pictures of the hawk as it is odd to see one here in town let alone one trying to survive here. I wonder how this has effected the other little squirrel. I am sure they were mates and this, though they are animals, must be heartbreaking. Such is life and survival I suppose but a sad day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww so heart breaking :(

Suzanne said...

Ohhhhh poor squirrel! Mother nature can be cruel but then again I suppose from the Hawk's perspective she is kind.