Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snow Photos. . . . . .

This is what we woke to yesterday morning. I know it doesn't look like morning but it is. We usually get up and out the door by 3:30 am to head for work.

I love how the snow is clinging to the tree. Isn't it amazing how it can stick to every single little branch? We got about 12 inches of snow out of this storm. It was a wet and heavy snow too. I wanted to take my camera with me but I really didn't want it sitting in the truck all day. There are some amazing shots waiting on the drive home. Maybe I should take it tomorrow.

Looks like we will be getting even more snow out of this next system that is headed our way. They have been saying we could get up to 20 additional inches on top of what we already have. It's supposed to be another wet and heavy snow too.

I really don't mind the snow though. It's the rain that freezes beneath it that usually bothers me. It never fails to arrive before the snow does. The wind is another issue that comes with it that I can do without.

These last 2 photos were taken the same day the snow fell. I took them after I got home from work. I can't believe that my Magnolia is budded out again this year. I sure hope I get some flowers this year. I'm not sure but I don't think it bloomed last year because of the warm-cold-warm-cold weather we had.

The bottom photo is of my Purple Smoke tree. It has very pretty leaves all season long. I did a little maintenance on the surrounding bed last year and it finally started growing again. This was a Mother's day present from everyone one year. It has some really neat tufty blooms every year. It sort of looks like smoke at the end of the branches. I suppose that is where the name comes from.

I also took a bunch of pictures of Gunner playing in the snow. He's so silly, he burries his nose deep into the snow to see if he can find a stick. He will leap into the air to catch a snowball too. What a fun time he has romping around in all of it. He jumped so high yesterday that his head was as high as my DH is tall. At least we know how to tire him out if he's wound up tight....LOL

No comments: