Sunday, February 24, 2008

Another Sunny Day...

It's another beautiful day here in northern Indiana. Just a taste of warmth to tease the soul. I am ready for winter to fade away for a few months. It wouldn't be so bad had it actually decided what it was going to do. You know, a winter full of snow and cold or a mild winter with less snow. All the storms and rain, mud, ice and so on were not totally needed nor was it really wanted. It makes for a lot of sick people with the weather changing it's mind all of the time.

So........On from here, I am searching some of the State web sites today. Looking for an idea for our vacation in July. We have been talking about going to one of the mines we have seen on the travel channel. So for now we have it narrowed down to two mines. One in North Carolina (emeralds) and one in Montana (sapphires). The drive time to each will be long but I feel worth the trip. To North Carolina it will be a 10 hour drive. To Montana it would be a 24 hour drive. Think of all of the scenery that we will get along the way. We won't really be in any big hurry as we should have 2 weeks vacation. I do want to do more than visit the mines though.

North Carolina has waterfalls and mountains and fishing. I know there is more but I haven't finished checking their web site out. I know there are vineyards as well and the ocean. Montana has a rich history that draws me and calls to me. The ghost towns, the mountains and the vast openness is a huge pluss for me. It is also place I have always wanted to go since I can remember. Plus there are many places to see along the way.

I can just imagine all of the wonderful things we will see and be able to do at either location. We shall see where we end up. We have plenty of time to decide on this as it is only February.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I love a good road trip!