Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Sad Day


It is with a very heavy heart that I am sitting here writing tonight. I feel like this is a terrible dream and I will be waking from it soon. Someone please pinch me and wake me up.

My family lost and amazing man today. Anyone that knows him will have to agree with me. He always seemed to know when you needed to laugh or when you needed a shoulder to cry on or just someone to sit and chat with. I will miss him so very much.

The calls home won't quite be the same. There won't be a voice on the other end saying

"I'm Just Sittin"

"It's that girl again"

"It's that girl that lives in eskimo country"

"I don't want to talk to you, Michele get in here and talk to this person"

or

"It's her again Margaret".

All of this in good fun and from the heart. I'll miss the jokes and puns at me and my problems with my trucks. So Long Tony you are missed already and will not be forgotten. Thanks for letting me drive that fire truck when I was just 16 down the runway at 80 mph. I still haven't forgotten how much fun that was.

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

I am truly sorry for your loss Peggy. Take care, of you, your mom and the rest of your family.

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss!! He sounds like a wonderful man who was very loved and I'm sure he felt it!!((HUGS))

~desi

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Peggy. He sounds like a loving man and I know you will miss him. Take care of your mom and you all will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.

Katie said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Peggy.

Cathy said...

What a sweet tribute to him - this list of phone replies :) I'm so sorry.

Cathy

Suzanne said...

I too am sorry for your loss Peggy. (((HUGS)))