Saturday, March 15, 2008

New Beginings . . . . .


What a week this has been. What a grand mix of emotions flowing through and enveloping me and my family. Sudden rushes like the waves of a flood. Crashing in on me and for a moment carrying me away to places unfamiliar at times.

On March 13th of this year we have had the honor of welcoming a new life into our fold. Precious, tiny and vulnerable. Looking to us for guidance and care, with a glint in her eye and a sweet little smile as if to say that everything will be alright. Just hold me for a moment, she seemed to say, and you will see. As I held her in my arms it seemed to ease the pain for a moment. A calmness came over me and filled my heart with a smile.

Welcome Avriana Isabelle to our family. It will be so fun to see you grow and laugh or smile. Thank you for the smile you placed into my heart yesterday.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

She no doubt will be a great blessing to your family. What a great thing to think that maybe your dad was able to usher her to earth on his way out. ;)