Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Maple Tree...



This has got me wondering for 3 years now. In 2006 the trees did this exact same thing in the early spring. This was the first time since 1996 that I noticed this happening. I do not know what type of Maple tree this is so if you have any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. It looks as though there is a petal type thing at the base with the, what I think as flowers coming out of it. At the end there are what seems to be stamens and our vehicles are covered in pollen right now. There also seems to be leaves shooting out of the base of the petals. If memory serves me correctly, when it did this in 2006 we did not have the little helicopters later in the season.

My son called me yesterday afternoon. Seems he is 7 hours ahead of my time. It was good to hear from him again. This tells me he is fine which makes my heart glad. I am also glad he has all the heat and my weather is pleasant at 70 degrees compared to his 114 degrees. I will be so thankful and happy when he finally comes home.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I've never seen anything like that Peggy. It's beautiful! I'm so happy that you got to talk to your son. Hooah!

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I don't know what type of Maple tree that is. We have one our property, too.

Glad that yur son is okay. I do pray for him and all our troops over there. I just wish they didn't have to be.