Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Year...A New Prayer Needed...

Starting at 6:00 am Monday December 10, 2007 my youngest went on Active Duty. He will be shipping out to serve a year (or more) in Iraq. He will be guarding Convoys and that is all I know. I picked him up on the 22nd for the Holidays and he went with us on our trip to Kentucky.




January 2, 2008 there will be a ceremony for the troops in Indianapolis which I will be attending. Later they will depart from Georgia but I do not know when or where as of yet. He will be letting me know though, as I plan on driving down there to see him off. The news was saying 30 - 90 days of training but I still don't know anything exact.

My prayer request is not for me but for him. For a safe and speedy return. I am scared for him right now as I know he is risking his life for all of us and I know there is a chance, though I pray it will not be, that he will not return to us.

2008 has arrived and I am not sure that I was quite ready for it. None the less it is here. It's been snowing all of last night and into the new year. It's beautiful but I am not sure I am ready to drive in it in the morning.

No comments: