Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Home From Indy

We arrived home from the departure ceremony around 7:20 pm. It's been a long trying day. The drive down was terrible and long as the roads were horrid. We too Interstate 69 and I thought for sure it would have been better than it actually was. Several people found themselves in the median or the ditches along the way. We took it slow 90% of the way, doing 50 mph in most places and even dropping down to 40 or 45 in some spots. That is slow considering the posted speed limit is 70. So I suppose it actually wasn't too bad if we could drive 50 mph.

I am going to share a few pictures from today. These are teary eyed photos so please be warned. This first set that I have resized are as follows:

The Drive To Indy, CJ & I, My DH Melvin & CJ, My DD & CJ

I will be posting more in a little bit but thought I would share a few to get you going. The Dome was packed by the way and we had to park 2 1/2 blocks away and walk in. When we left it took us 20 minutes to just get out of the parking garage.







1 comment:

Suzanne said...

These photos just yank my heart out Peggy! I hope he's doing well. HOOAH!