Monday, October 6, 2008

Drawing Project

Hello everyone. We are starting a new project in drawing class this week. We are doing stippling images with our pens. The images are in grey scale and enlarged to an 8 x 10 which I centered on my 11 x 14 sheet of Bristol Board, which is an acid free archival quality Vellum heavy paper. Knowing that most of my readers think of Vellum as a scrapping supply, this is nothing like what we would normally think of vellum as. This is a cotton paper and not the transparent waxy type you may be thinking of. I have started this drawing as I am sure you all know I have. LOL Posted below are the images I began with, first the one in color and then the image changed to grey scale. The last image is what I have completed so far on this project. I worked four hours on this so far and believe there are many more hours to follow to the completed image. We are to do all of the shading with the dots. So far I think it's turning out pretty good.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

4 hours already!? It looks amazing so far.