Wednesday, December 13, 2006

What's the most peculiar gift you've ever received?

This is such a wonderful blog prompt that I just couldn't resist it.

My birthday is in October and I had told everyone that I really didn't want anything. I truly meant it too. So DH got me a card and a little something sweet. Well, my brother came home a few days before my birthday and asked me this same question again. I again repeated myself saying I didn't want anything at all. He was persistant and insisted that I needed something. I again replied that I in fact didn't need anything. This went on for almost an hour so I came into my office and did a digital layout and thought about it.

After about ten minutes I entered the livingroom anouncing that I figured out what I wanted for my birthday. Mind you my dear husband already knew that he shouldn't ask and just go with the fact that I said I wanted nothing. My brother never got the signals my husband was sending so my husband knew he was in trouble.

My brother then asked me what it was that I wanted. I said that I wanted the transmision fluid and filter changed in my truck. He then said no really, what do you want ? I again replied that that in fact was actually what I wanted. So almost $70.00 later I had my birthday present. I would say it was different but it was so worth the laugh and hey I didn't have to pay someone to do it for me. Oh, and my dear husband had already had me talked into going and getting it done so it made it that much funnier.

No comments: