Saturday, December 9, 2006

Favorite Ornament or Decoration

I have always loved Christmas and the great spirits that come hand and hand with it. Selecting the perfect spot for the tree and putting everything on it just so. Everything has to be perfect so that the smiles of my children would light up the room when they see it finally finished a couple days later. I felt it was a gift to them from me. I always seemed to want it to be perfect for them. The tree, the holiday in general and the memories. Sometimes it was hard but I always tried.

I think that my favorite ornament/decoration would have to be the sled that I made one year to sit in the yard. With it's lights and the curled sled runners. It just said welcome to the entire Holiday Season for me. I suppose I really should drag it out and light it up.

No comments: