Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday Full of Ice

Last night brought about some freezing rain. We were prepared for anything, so we thought. We survived the night without losing power only to lose it at 1:30 today. The kerosene heater ended up needing a new wick and I was refusing to go out in the weather to find one for it. We did have the stovetop and a small camp heater going and it managed to stay about 65 in here with that. At about 5 I decided it would only get colder in here as the night came so I ventured out into this icy world cautiously. Once I retrieved everything I felt we needed to make it through the night my husband phones me (at 5:30) to tell me they got the power back on. Looks like we will be ready if it goes out again though as we are expecting some snow to fall on top of the ice.

It just amazes me how beautiful and how deadly the ice can be. Today, I took the beauty and captured it. Here are a couple of shots I thought I would share. Have a wonderful and safe holiday season everyone.




1 comment:

Suzanne said...

It is pretty AND deadly. Stay warm!